The decentralized model of youth ministry in the Archdiocese seeks to place Church communities, Parishes and movements, right at the heart of our vision. This is achieved through establishing Youth Ministries within Parishes, connected with the local Catholic secondary school by a Youth Minister. Youth ministry initiatives could include:
- Youth Rally – Connecting point for young people to experience a witness of faith and the proclamation of the Gospel that invites them into the broader Church.
- Youth Mass – Celebration of the Eucharist that seeks to welcome young people into the Parish whilst bringing them fully into participation of the Sacrament
- Youth Community – Development of Youth Groups and Young Adults Groups seek to build a community of young people, whilst providing formation and fellowship within the context of the local Church.
- Youth Retreats – Provide the context for conversion of young people through prayer, sacraments and key sessions that allow them to explore their faith and encounter Christ.
- Youth Ministry Team – Develop leadership opportunities for young people in the broader Church though the formation of a Youth Ministry Team that seeks to invite young people into the Church, lead youth ministry initiatives and participate in the mission of the Church beyond the local community.